Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

I really don't know why I thought this was a funny title for this post but I did. I started off my week like any other, getting ready for the week ahead. Then out of the blue my beautiful 8 year old daughter, Hailee had one of her episodes. For those of you who do not know her, she is a funny, beautiful, amazing, joyful, loving little girl. She also has a genetic disorder called mitochondrial DNA disorder with cyclical vomiting syndrome. She was born with this condition and it took us 5 years to get an accurate diagnosis. I won't get into all the details of this disease but it can be quiet serious. She has not had a bad episode for 4 years. Sunday night she had an episode that could have been bad. God has spared her and she is fine now but the idea that it might be starting up again has really got me thinking. I think about how I have been concentrating on myself lately way to much. I think about how I need to make every day count not just get through them. As for Josh today, well he has had his ups and downs. He was very angry at Hailee earlier for no good reason and picked up a hamper to hit her with. The next moment he was in a hump on the floor crying. Then a few minutes later he was running around happy bouncing off the wall. It's only Tuesday, Lord please help me make a difference this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment