Thursday, February 18, 2010

Calgon Take me away...

The last couple of weeks have been really hard. Josh has been very anxious and panicky. He goes between this and being very violent and angry. Sometimes I just wish I could fix it. The problem that makes him so upset. The problem is I don't know what the problem is. Somewhere in his little brain he has a problem, an imbalance. I can;t fix that. I can pray which I do every day for wisdom. His therapist wants us to wean him off all dairy, red food die and yellow food die. This is to maybe hellp with some behaviors. I will try anything at this point before new medications are introduced. We have already tried so many. The side effects from new meds can be very hard and quiet devastating. I really hope this works because I am not sure what to do next. We have a follow up appointment at the behavioral Peditrician at UCI next month so hopefully we will see some improvement by then. If we don't then we might need to try a new med. YUCK!!! Josh also can be very loving and sweet so I don't want people to think that he is always this way. Just a lot of the time. I love him with all my heart and I would not trade being his mom for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment