Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In a foreign land..

Today was the day that I registered Josh for kindergarten. Now this might not seem like such a big idea to you but I home school my other kids. The idea of sending one of my kids to a public school was never something that I thought I would do. However, when we decided to send Josh to the public preschool program I got a little more comfortable with the idea. It still was very strange to be standing in line today with all the other parents waiting to register their children for school. As the lady behind the counter handed me the paper work to fill out something inside of me just broke. I felt my heart break and a feeling of failure over whelmed me. Now I am not by any means saying that sending ones child to school is in some way saying that the parent is a failure. I am just saying this is how I felt. I have always known that God has meant for me to school my children at home. This whole thing has just been very hard for me. The reason why we are sending him to school is a little complicated. To put it simply for the health and well being of all of our children he needs to be educated some place else. We go next week for his IEP kinder transition meeting at which point we will discuss what will be the best placement for him next year. I will keep all of you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment