Monday, December 6, 2010

Regional center sucks!!!

I know I have not updated this for a while but I have been really busy. We have finally arrived at fighting the regional center for services for Josh. We go to fare hearing on December 13. For those of you that don't know what regional center is, or does I will tell you. They give services such as respite care, in home support service waivers, ot, pt, job training for disabled people as well as self care. Now it is not so much that we need these services right now, other than maybe respite care, but it will be very helpful when Josh gets older for job training and such. The regional center is saying that Josh does not qualify because he is to high functioning. Even though we have therapist, teachers, and reports that state otherwise. It is very frustrating. We have already gone to mediation and Josh has been retested by them. Our next step is fair hearing. I know we have a slim chance of winning but we have to try. On top of all of this Josh is having a real hard time right now with his reactive attachment. He cries so much when I leave he makes himself throw up. Even when I leave him at school he cries, he won't eat. Sleeping is hard for him right now, he wakes up several times a night and wants to come to bed with me. He is also starting with his extreme aggression again. I know God has a plan but sometimes it is hard to hold onto his promises when you are going through this. Oh well that is all for now. I will update after the fair hearing and let you know if we won or lost. I just pray for God's will to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment