Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sometimes I just suck as a parent...

Making bad decisions is par for the course in parenting.  However, when you know something is bad for your child, say staying up to late or eating to much candy you just don't do it.  If you do you will reap what you sew.  I thought it would be a great idea to take Justin and Hailee to see the free movie down at our local movie theater.  They were playing Dolphin Tales today.  With Josh's last week of school approaching it will probably be our only opportunity to see a movie before he gets out of school.  As always I was running a little short on time so I thought lets stop by circle K and get some snacks like we usually do.  Without thinking I let Justin grab his usual, Frito's corn chips and apple juice.  With Hailee's snacks and my drink we were out the door and on our way to the movies.  It did dawn on me that getting those snacks probably wasn't wise, especially with his recent labs and discovering that they are both very high in Salicylates.  I ignored my gut feeling and we proceeded to the movies, snacks in hand.  While Justin started out listening and sitting still in his seat, as time went on I found myself saying" Justin sit still, Justin be quiet, Justin stop touching your face."  I could not believe what a clear difference it made in my child.  How very awful his behavior was.  By the time we left he was in full melt down mode.  Screaming " your hurting me"  Stop it mommy!! All the way to the car.  I  could not get angry at him,  I was however furious with myself.  I knew better, and did it anyways.  I am vowing right here and now not to ever allow my child to consume that poison ever again.  That is what it is, it is poison for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment